Sunday 22 October 2006

Sunday Blogging

I help set up for the 6pm Sunday Mass so I allow myself the luxury of a lie-in on a Sunday morning. And today I haven't got to get ready for work on Monday morning, so I have had the extra treat of a few hours' uninterrupted exploration of the blogosphere.

I don't often get very far: my home computer is old and slow, and it sort of takes its time in loading pages if they have lots of pictures. But Irenaeus and I have been together a long time - he was state-of-the-art when I first got him (I used to joke that the only thing he couldn't do was make the tea... and that was only because I didn't have the right attachment!) He'll have to go soon (yes, Fr Tim, I will get a new computer eventually) but not just yet...

Anyway, during my explorations I stumbled upon Cally's Kitchen, an amusing blog run by the dúnadan.

I particularly enjoyed the post on Berrydict the Papal Cat, and his recent meeting with Paisley Mouse. I shall be sure to check that my own cat, Sylvester, is a practicing "Catolic"...

(UPDATE: Thanks, Ma Beck, for the tip on accents. It worked, as you can see!)

1 comment:

Cathy said...

If you are using a PC with Windows, just click on 'Start', then 'System Tools', then 'Character Map'.
When you find the character you want, just click on it, click 'Select', then 'Copy'.
Then, whenever you want to use that character, just right-click and paste it into whatever you're writing.
Sounds complicated, but it's really easy, and that's the only way I know how to do it, though I'm sure there are other ways.
:)
ôÃï®ßúö etc. You can even select different fonts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...