Wednesday 31 January 2007

How Not to Change Your Blog

I was playing around with my blog this evening, and decided to look into switching to Haloscan for my comments boxes.

It appeared to have fairly idiot-proof instructions: they even provided a video showing what to do for Blogger clients. I managed to follow the instructions, and everything looked really good. I was a very, very happy bunny, and felt very pleased with myself...

*sigh* ...pride cometh before a fall, and I was horrified to notice that Haloscan had reset all of my comments boxes...

...which meant that I would lose all of the comments previously made. Now some of those comments were actually better than the posts they appeared on! Luckily, one of the steps outlined was to save the previous version of the blog which could then be reinstalled...

...however, if anyone out there knows how to get haloscan to retrieve the previous comments, then please let me in on the secret...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...