Wednesday 4 June 2008

Proof...

...Just in case some of you aren't completely convinced that pilgrimages aren't all prayer and hard work...

We book half-board at the hotel, as this allows a space in the afternoon where it is possible to relax in the Domaine (especially as most of the other pilgrims have to dash back to their hotels for lunch) or take time exploring the town, or it allows one to have just a light sandwich, if that is all one fancies (breakfast, and two three-course meals every day can prove hard work!)

I'm very, very fussy. I hate vegetables, and I'm not really into fish. The hotel where we stay puts up their proposed menu for dinner each day, and occasionally, I feel that a little gastronomic exploration at lunchtime might be in order...

One such exploration demonstrated that a mushroom omelette starter can be something rather special:

and resulted in me getting to indulge my passion for roast duck breast:

After a delicious meal, I thought that a little peach ice-cream would go down a treat... alas, to my disappointment, it turned out to be a peach with ice-cream... but I accepted the penance joyfully!

5 comments:

Adulio said...

Nice to see the Spiritual Combat along with roast duck! Dinner times are also a warfare too for some ;-)

deb said...

I have never had peach icecream! It looks very yummy

Anonymous said...

Ah, Scupoli! I have a copy of that coming in the mail...

Spera said...

Oh baby! Now you know what kind of a thing I've got for roast duck.

Anonymous said...

(that was me, BTW)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...