Thursday 6 November 2008

A Little Surprise...

After yesterday's depression-inducing marking session, today proved to be quite trying.  Reports are due in tomorrow, and as some of the baseline data necessary for the completion of the reports (well, more a detailed grade card, really!) wasn't available until yesterday, I (and several other teachers) have been playing catch-up.  So, after a full teaching day, I needed to stay behind for a few more hours to complete the reports.  Tomorrow is another full day, and I won't have time before the deadline.

I made my way home, feeling more than a little weary, and, trying to avoid treading on the cat, I promptly trod on a piece of mail.  Luckily, it was a small, squarish piece of mail, and it didn't make a crunching sound, from which I deduced that it was either a packet of charity Christmas cards (though it was a very small packet, which worried me a little) or it was a book.

The latter proved to be the case.  There wasn't a note, and I didn't recognise the handwriting on the envelope, or the address on the back (which was smudged by rain) but a quick postcode search revealed that the book was from a friend in Cambourne!

A Primer on the Absolute Primacy of Christ, by Fr. Maximilian Mary Dean is a little book about some of the work of Blessed John Duns Scotus.  Fr. Dean is a Fransiscan of the Immaculate, the order which is, in the south of England, very involved in the wonderful Day with Mary apostolate.  And the Scotist position on the Incarnation is one which is dear to the Faith Movement, so I am really looking forward to reading this.

You can find out more about the book HERE.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...