Sunday 1 February 2009

Our Lady Of The Snows...

I parked in the church car park before Mass this evening. It was cold, but the sky was fairly clear; No snow on the ground at all. There had been warnings of heavy snow due overnight, but this is Britain, so that could just have meant an inch of snow...

I left the church about half an hour after Mass, and this was the sight which greeted me.










Despite the roads having been gritted, enough ice had formed for me to go into a skid as I drove downhill, and I crashed into the kerb. Luckily, I had slowed down to about 5 mph, and there wasn't a parked car next to the kerb (or a pedestrian) so no real problem (apart from a bit of a fright.)

My Guardian Angel is probably on overtime...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh dear; glad to hear you're alright.

We had some sleet earlier, but no snow (yet!).

Elizabeth said...

Well I have just come indoors having played in the snow and on the trampoline with the children. This weather is wonderful, now back indoors to sit in front of the open fire and drink (hot chocolate for the children) a nice glass of Baileys - oops there's none left so it will have to be a glass of wine and chocolate biscuits.
Glad you are safe at home.

George said...

Well it's all down to global warming of course, innit!!!!! Yeah right!!!
Polar bears will be migrating over soon as we cross the threshold of the new Ice Age.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...