Monday 2 February 2009

Valkyrie

I'm not a fan of Tom Cruise, but the subject matter sounded interesting, I was in the mood to watch a film, and there wasn't much else by way of an alternative.

I really enjoyed it. I understand that it was extremely inaccurate, but I only had the sketchiest of ideas about the assassination attempt on Adolf Hitler orchestrated by Colonel Klaus von Stauffenberg.

Even though the ending was obvious, I found it an absorbing and entertaining tale. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD, as I think it's one I'd want to watch again.

5 comments:

joannaB73 said...

I'm looking forward to watching this film.

Anonymous said...

I too want to see the film. My German friends all tell me the film is completely wrong, but that at the same time it is a very good film...

I can't wait (Saturdya!)

gemoftheocean said...

Thanks for the heads up. This is the sort of thing I like. I think there's also another WWII flick out --- starts with a "D" but my brain is fried right now. I've been in a "movie mood" too, and haven't been in a while.

Tribunus said...

No, it's not inaccurate. It's pretty accurate, in fact. Surprisingly.

Trib.

Mulier Fortis said...

Really? All the reviews I saw seemed to pan it as being unrealistic and inaccurate...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...