Friday 1 May 2009

Mass For St. Catherine's Feastday...

The Society of St. Catherine of Siena celebrated her feastday yesterday with a meeting followed by Mass at St. James' Church, Spanish Place. I didn't go to the meeting, but went along for Mass in the evening.

It is a while since I last went to Spanish Place - I used to go to meetings of the London Faith Forum when they were held there, and would go to the 6pm Mass.

I knew that Mass would be in the usus antiquior, and so prowled around the church looking for the most likely spot. I had completely forgotten (or maybe had never seen) the Lady Chapel, tucked away to the side of the High Altar. After being assured that Mass would indeed be at the Lady Altar, I settled down to say some prayers... though I took a photo first!

Dr. Laurence Hemming spotted me, and came over with his camera. It was a small one, but claimed 5 megapixels, and so I switched to that. The camera made lots of beeping noises, which is something I hate during Mass, but as "official" photographer, I felt I had to stick with it. I should have known better... the beeping noises must have meant something, as I later found that only one photo had actually come out with any clarity...

Dr. Hemming later told me that the camera was old, temperamental, and probably on its way to ebay... I suspect he was just being kind, and that I was suffering from an attack of the blondes. I did manage to whip out my own phone camera briefly...


... though obviously I could only manage one camera for the key moments, which means this is all that's left! Afterwards I had the great pleasure to meet the celebrant, Fr. Andrew Wadsworth, who was kind enough to say that he enjoyed reading my blog... even the cat posts! Obviously a man of great taste... no doubt he will do wonders at ICEL...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...