Saturday 8 August 2009

Faith Magazine Publications...

Sir Dan of the Nesbitry and Fr. Hugh MacKenzie were very keen for me to use my blogging skills to advertise various things published by the Faith Movement. The were so keen, in fact, that they bribed me with free copies of the last two issues of Faith Magazine.

Unwisely, I admitted that I did prefer reading hard copies, and that I had had a subscription, but that it had lapsed. This was like a red rag to a bull, and I soon found myself with Sir Dan twisting one arm behind my back, and Fr. Hugh placing a pen in the other... I took the path of least resistance, and filled in a subscriptions card.

To be fair, the Faith Magazine is particularly good value compared to other theological works: it is £25 per year (6 issues) in the UK, €37 in Europe and US $66 if you want it sent via airmail. The student rate is a derisory £17 (€22 or US $34) for a year's subscription. As well as interesting, informative and intellectually challenging articles, there are regular columns such as Cutting Edge and Notes from across the Atlantic and the Letters section.

The Reasons for Believing series of pamphlets is very popular: there are currently six titles covering the fundamentals of the Catholic faith, including Can we be sure God exists? and The Disaster of Sin. The latest pamphlet is The Church: Christ's Voice to the World, which will help anyone seeking to answer that hoary old chestnut - "Well, I do believe in Jesus, but I don't believe in all that Church nonsense, it's just not necessary..."

The latest resource, hot off the press is the third DVD produced by Faith: The Bible: The Word of God. Dan was determined that I should get a photo for the blog of the DVD and the pamphlet which accompanies it...

All of the publications and DVDs mentioned, and many more, are available from the website... unfortunately the site is down for tweaking at the moment, but the plan is that it will be up and running again after the weekend.

UPDATE: Yes, the site is back up and running...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...