Tuesday 15 December 2009

Photos From Gaudete Sunday...

Earlier in the year, there was an article in The Suppository which was rather uncharitable towards His Hermeneuticalness. So many people felt rather strongly that Damian Thompson and Fr. Z ran campaigns to raise money for some rather nice vestments.

Gaudete Sunday provided the opportunity to bring the vestments out again, and we also were fortunate enough to have a High Mass on the Sunday morning, so the entire kit and caboodle got an airing!

I took photos, keen to see how the "rose" colour would look with my snazzy phone... last year, I had to use my camera phone, and the very small lens has a distorting effect on colour balance.

5 comments:

Fr Joseph OP said...

Is that Fr. Alcuin Reid I see?

Patricius said...

Now those ARE vestments!

Zephyrinus said...

Dear Mulier Fortis. Excellent pictures. Rose Vestments depicted perfectly. Nice bit of kit. Augers well for Christmas Mass !!!

Pastor in Monte said...

Lovely pics, MF. And, I notice, a very Oratorian cut to the humeral veil—unusual: the Oratorian HV is traditionally cut very generously, as in this example. Perhaps it came from Richard Luzar, an expert in Oratorian vestments.

Mulier Fortis said...

CWA - it was Dr. Reid (not Father just yet, but Deo volente, soon!)

Pastor in Valle - yes indeed... well spotted! And glad you enjoyed the photos. My camera is pretty much idiot proof, so I can't take all the credit...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...