Friday 26 March 2010

One Of Those Days...

... this morning was not a good one. I got up early, went to collect my car from where I'd left it last night (I had allowed myself a festal drink after the Confirmation Mass) and drove off.

I pulled up at traffic lights, and, as they changed, put my foot down to drive away. No movement. Lots of horrible whirring, grinding noises. And there I was, stuck at the traffic lights, being honked at and sworn at by rather a lot of irate motorists.

I called my breakdown service, and a very nice chap said that it was probably the gearbox... which, on an automatic, isn't good. I rang a local garage, told them the car would be on its way, and then continued on my way to work... by bus.

I was not a happy bunny. I might have to go and look at cars this weekend...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...