Monday 4 October 2010

Photos...

Rosary Sunday_0039I was given a "spare" rose to wear during the Rosary Procession yesterday. Just after Benediction, I happened to glance down, and caught sight of the rose against my black mantilla, and immediately thought it would make a beautiful photo... and so I aimed my camera...


Yes, I have reached the point where I assess everything in my life as a potential photo opportunity...

Rosary Sunday_0055Seriously, though, I have been frustrated on more than one occasion when I have wanted a particular photo to illustrate a blog post, and all the best ones on Google Images turn out to be copyrighted by various photo companies. So, I decided that I'm going to start up a collection of stock photos, and keep them together on Flickr... of course, that means that anyone who uses them is supposed to give me a link back, and it's not supposed to be used for commercial purposes...

You can find them in my Stock Photo set...

2 comments:

Dominic Mary said...

You were right . . . it is a beautiful photo.

Anita Moore said...

Ah, a yellow rose! I made a novena to St. Therese of the Child Jesus (who has been taking care of me for years) for a really huge intention a few years ago, and asked for yellow roses as a sign that my prayer was granted. The yellow roses finally appeared, along with some gut-wrenching trials that made it look as though I would not get what I was asking for (which was something I really needed)...and then all the difficulties vanished, and my prayer was granted.

So needless to say, yellow roses are special to me. Plus, those are beautiful pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...