Wednesday 10 November 2010

Felix Fidei Defensor...?

It appears that Monsignor Furretti has taken her blessing seriously...

I had a copy of The Catholic Times which I had been looking at purely because I wanted to see if Monsignor Basil Loftus had really written an article stating that Christ's presence after the Resurrection wasn't a physical presence but a spiritual one. (He had.) This was before Fr. Finigan's excellent blog post on the subject... and it pretty much said everything I was thinking (and more) so I never got around to publishing my own post.

I also had a copy of The Remnant, which I get from Tom, one of our visiting schola members.

Monsignor Furretti, in one of the mad half-hours common to all kittendom, threw both papers onto the floor, examined them, and promptly shredded The Catholic Times, leaving The Remnant intact. I happened to tweet the event, and was told "Photos, or it didn't happen!"

So...




Red Maria thought Monsignor Loftus might consider issuing a writ against Monsignor Furretti... 

11 comments:

Maureen said...

Soooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the discerning kitty!!!

Dilly said...

It may be even more that a simple case of good taste...could the good monsignora have inherited the powers of the late great Paul the Octopus....and be making a prediction of her own....

Genty said...

Maybe what you need is a kitty papoose! Now be fair; she could have been trying to save a cutting of the article.
My writ is in the post.

Society of St. Bede said...

As I write this post (and your blog) is top of The Remnant latest news list on their website.

Tom

Rubricarius said...

Glad to see Msgr. Furretti appears to be thriving after your recent sad losses.

Elizabeth said...

The best illustration I've seen of the saying: "A picture is worth a thousand words." Thanks for today's smile.

Just another mad Catholic said...

A kitten with excellent taste; pray mac do tell is the good Monsignor thinking of taking a vow of celibicy or are there plans for little furretti's in the future

Dominic Mary said...

We shall, of course, be delighted to act for her pro bono should she receive any misguided writs from Monsignori . . !

Mulier Fortis said...

JAMC - Both kitties will indeed be celibate... I don't think I could stand the strain of a clutch of Furrettis

Cathy_of_Alex said...

The Case of the Trad Kitty

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...