Friday 28 January 2011

Underestimating Kittens...

Foolish, foolish woman that I am...

This evening, I happened to spot a shop in Bluewater which sells traditional sweets, such as aniseed balls, cough candy, barley sugars and licorice bootlaces. The sweets were even weighed out on old-fashioned scales and wrapped in paper bags! I treated myself to some aniseed balls and apple bonbons (a little trip down memory lane before I get to amnesia alley) and, on my return home, mightily pleased with my purchase, I put them down on my bedside table while I went to read my emails.

On returning to the bedroom, I discovered one kitten playing with aniseed balls, while the other was sitting in the middle of the other paper bag (which had kitten toothmarks in the bottom, along with a large hole) entranced by the bonbons...

Needless to say, the expensive catnip-filled balls and mice I have purchased previously for the amusement of my feline friends are lying around the flat, abandoned and neglected...

4 comments:

Anita Moore said...

Puts me in mind of the time, many years ago now, when I set a glass of milk down on a table next to the big armchair, and then walked out of the room for one minute. When I came back, the glass was empty. My little dog, Pixie, was licking her chops. It is amazing how far a dog (and for that matter, a cat) can stick out her tongue when food is at stake. And it was amazing how fast that milk disappeared.

Fortunately, my cat, Spike, is not interested in people food (though his older brother, the late great Rocky, liked chocolate ice cream).

Ecumenical Diablogger said...

Yes I know what you mean as I had to condemn our cat on my blog today.

Stitchwort said...

Absolutely normal cat behaviour!

Rob said...

I'd eat the catnip balls in front of them to show how it feels! ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...