Monday 4 April 2011

A Glimpse Of The New CTS Missal...

Things are certainly moving apace... the CTS have now got together a prototype of the new Altar Missal which will be on sale in November, and a price list.

It is beautiful. I particularly like the ribbons (which seems to be the way ribbons were arranged in the past, rather than the rather clunky ribbons in the current versions of Altar Missals... I speak as someone who has had to arrange said ribbons when setting everything up for Mass, and trying to make them lie flat is a real pain!) and the beautiful artwork. No doubt some will complain that there's no point to such illustrations because the only person to see the Missal will be the priest. Personally I think that it's even more important to remind the priest that what he's reading from is a sacred liturgical book, which should be treated with reverence and honour.

It is reminiscent of illuminated manuscripts...

The price will be £230 - but pre-publication discounts have been promised, to be announced after Easter. It sounds expensive, but, in reality, it's not that much. In a medium-sized parish it works out at about 50 pence per parishioner... maybe £1 each in a smaller parish...

Anyway, have a look at what you get for your money...

1 comment:

Genty said...

The picture gave me a bit of a turn when I scrolled down. I thought he was toting a bandolier. It must be my eyesight.
Still, I suppose one could describe the contents of the new Missal as liturgical bullets.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...