Saturday 14 May 2011

A Visitor & An Ego Massage...


As I mentioned earlier, today we had one of our First Holy Communion Masses in the parish. Fr. Michael Branch, Parish Priest of Plumstead came to visit friends, and he attended the Mass in choir. I was very, very flattered when he told me that he read my blog...

Today has been very bad for my ego...

I was back at the Apple Store in Bluewater later in the day, trying desperately to get my iPhone fixed. While waiting for my appointment, I amused myself by checking my email, Facebook, my favourite blogs and Twitter. While tweeting, the very kind (but slightly condescending) chap who was trying to fix my phone happened to notice the website.

"Ooooh, are you on Twitter?" he asked. I nodded, and told him that I blogged and was on Facebook too. He seemed extraordinarily impressed - which I found odd, because I always assume that everyone under 25 is blogging, facebooking and tweeting in their sleep...

He then glanced at the open page which showed my profile...

"Wow, you've got loads of followers... "

Like I said, very bad for my over-inflated ego...

Compensation for being blonde, perhaps?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...