Thursday 21 November 2013

Career Opportunities...

I previously admitted my desire to be a womyn priest, but a traddy one, as polyester tie-dye brings me out in hives. Following news that the Church of England has agreed to appoint womyn as byshops, I have come to the realisation that I have been setting my sights too low.

Upon a brief examination of the copy of Fortescue in the sacristy (seventh edition), I discovered many hitherto unexplored opportunities for the expression of traddy sartorial elegance: I think I'd look pretty stunning in a rochet and cappa. I'm not quite sure how I'd cope with putting on the liturgical stockings and shoes at the throne... 

Having gloves, tunicle, dalmatic & chasuble should certainly help to keep me warm (I have constant battles with Blackfen's MC over exactly how many bars of heater should be switched on) and the crozier will make a handy place to hang my handbag. The deacon and subdeacon pinning on the pallium might be a little bit tricky - I am generously proportioned - but I'm sure I can figure something out...

On second thoughts, after having a look at this lot (courtesy of the very-saved Eccles), perhaps being a womyn byshop isn't all it's cracked up to be...


4 comments:

Genty said...

You forgot the dingly-dangly earrings. Tsk, tsk.

john-of-hayling said...

Is the picky a rehearsal for Richard-of-York-gave-battle-in-vain ?

Anita Moore said...

Why yes, Madame Bishop...I would like fries with that. Thank you for asking.

Unknown said...

That looks like something out of Harry Potter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...